This week, we painted with pendulums!
We liked this example of pendulum painting decided to try it:
Materials we used:
- Paint / Ink
- Thread / Yarn
- Safety pin (/ paper punch / needle)
- Support for pendulum (e.g. broom & 2 chairs/ pipe & desk/ 2 students holding a cardboard tube…)
We experimented with various ways of swinging the cup. You can see how with each try, our painting improves!
Some questions you may explore as you paint:
- What happens if you use a shorter string?
- What happens if you use a longer string?
- What happens if you use ink?
- What happens if you use paint?
- What happens if you swing the cup gently or swing it with more force?
- What happens if you move the pole from side to side?
- What happens if you swing the cup using different styles?
Go make beautiful things! 🙂
Related: How to Make Your Own Paint